Hey Dears & Dear Lovers,
Hope you're all enjoying your weekend or whatever day it is while you're reading this. I've had the huge sweet lovely blessing of some of my instagram fans asking to form a book club. I hope you all don't regret this once you see the amount of books I would like to recommend because I LOVE LOVE reading more than almost anything else. Really I've been listening to books since I was little with my Mom's calm magical concert pianist trained voice reading Eastern European fairy tales. And Now I'm Obsessed with reading 3+ books at the same time. Anyhow here is my current list (please note some of these are available on audible.com and read by THE AUTHOR!! I think this adds SO MUCH to the experience of their story if it's a memoir which some of these are!):
1. M Train by Patti Smith (I've known her since I was 16 years old, she's popped into my life when I've most needed her. Genius alert)
2. Hunger Makes Me a Modern Girl by Carrie Brownstein (I've always been intimidated by her perceived strength in Portlandia but this books makes her more accessible, cool!)
3. If You As Me by Betty White (The heart emoji with arrow threw it fits this book perfectly)
Please feel free to comment here with what you think of these books and if you read them how did they digest?
Now here are a couple other books I read this year that are a must!
1. My Extraordinary Ordinary Life by Sissy Spacek (Could she be any more special and beautiful? The answer is NO SHE IS AMAZING OMG)
2. The Spart: A Mother's Story Nurturing... by Kathe Mazur (I recommend anyone being told there is something wrong with them because they are on the autism spectrum just tell that person to fuck off. It's all about love and believing in yourself and your loved ones. Labels just separate us but I believe we are all a part of each other. This family in the book had a mind blowing tail to tell of a Mom that is magic.
3. The Weiser Field Guide to Witches by Judika Illes is probably my favorite book to re-read with friends. Everyone can relate to unique things happening to you. And wanting to find meaning and control over your life with a unique path using old knowledge is rad.
4. Hold Still by Sally Mann I'm pretty sure this lady has lady balls, huge ones. She is an inspiration. Through her work, as a girl, I learned not to be afraid to be feminine and vulnerable. In this book her personality seems so strong and breathtaking; very cool family life story too.
Hope this isn't too overwhelming oh so many books. I'll write another one with more recommends. And for anyone wanting to write your own book PLEASE DO IT! And if you need a little inspiration read, please read, On Writing by Stephen King. Or listen to it on audible as he reads it himself, the character in his voice is amazing!
The nights turns with the thoughts unfolding in my mind, I'm tired. Goodnight. But if you can't sleep & want to have a girly night of crying watch Twinsters on Netflix. Such a heart warming story of twins reunited. Oh and if you want a fun fancy night of cool shit being throw at your eyes watch Spirited Away. Puppy Fred, my Affen pup says We OUT (Emoji with crosses over eyes).